sexta-feira, 6 de março de 2009

cinco dificuldades para escrever a verdade IV

"(...) so many questions about the human condition, and they always dissolve to a single one: who am I?

and the answer to that question is: 'I am'.

when we are born we are given a name by which other people recognize us.
we are given a birth date to go along with the name, and we are told our gender.
then we are told the names of things and people surrounding us, subsequently we are told about the world, what is good and what is bad, what we are allowed to do and what not.
at some point, we will learn how to walk and explore the world on our own.
we will attain habits and learn to talk.
subsequently we will be told which religion we belong to, or if we have one.
and then at some other point, we will hear that we are going to die one day.
we are born and we die.
we will be told about god, about others who are different from us, which country we come from and what our people are called.
later we will be told other things too, more personal, more intimate things.
we will of course experience sensations and create ideas about what we are like, what the world is like.
we will start thinking, remembering, identifying ourselves with our ideas, our mind.
in short, we will become a person.
at this stage we already identify with the 'I-am-my-body' idea and this is where the suffering starts.
we take what we believe to know to be the true, to be an indisputable fact.
we believe things on hearsay and identify with them, we read about the world in books and newspapers, watch it on tv, we even believe to find proofs of our ideas in what surrounds us, we fantasize.

but where is this 'I' that I seem to know so well in the waking state, when I am sleeping?
where is this 'I' when I am dreaming?
and where is this ‘I’ when I’m in dreamless sleep? (...)"


jessie emkic


1 comentário:

R.Rosmaninho disse...

"Quem sou eu? Como assim? Desculpe, mas não estou a perceber a sua pergunta."